Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Return to the Blogger's Realm: Massive Overhaul

And here I thought I would never see this Blogspot of mine.

For the past few days I was inspired to write some entries for my other blogs, namely Wordpress and Hubpages. Wordpress has this clean interface, intuitive controls and other stuff. Hubpages, on the other hand, gives you the choices of what layout your hub would be; think of it as writing an article for a magazine or such.

Things were going well with me writing for 2 blogs: I keep my Wordpress for techie-related stuff, while my Hubpages would store mostly like recipes that I want to share, and some opinionated articles. My initial plan was that I'd compose and publish an entry in my Wordpress account, then repost it to my Hubpages to generate traffic and interest to some readers.

Turns out, that was a bad idea.

Yesterday I was able to post a personal review of a game that I recently purchased on Wordpress. Satisfied at my work, I then proceeded to reposting it to my Hubpages and, feeling a bit inspired, I decided to add more insight into it. By morning, I was able to publish it onto my Hubpage.

A few hours later just this morning, my article was flagged by the Hubpages moderating team. They said that my article was a "total duplicate" of an article that was posted earlier, in a different blog. Namely, my Wordpress blog. They said it was a violation of their Terms of Services; even if I paraphrased it, or I even own the copyright of the article, I will get banned on Hubpages for publishing such a material.

What a waste.

I understand that they just want to keep the integrity and so forth, but really. It was my article, I'm merely reposting it, and I even added more paragraphs for my hub. And it's called a violation already?

And since I wasn't in a good mood to edit my hub, I simply deleted it. No sense reposting whatsoever.

So that's my beef with Hubpages. With what happened, I should've stuck with Wordpress through and through, right? Well, not exactly.....

When I rechecked Wordpress.com's terms of service, I realized I can't add Google Adsense into my Wordpress blog. Wordpress puts advertisements on my blog, but I can't. Which meant I can't monetize my blog, unless I opt for their VIP membership. Which may mean shelling out some money or they may need a credit card/Paypal transaction, and I don't have either.

Oh, just when I decided to write and write stuff more.

So now, I'm back where I started a year ago. Full circle back to the blog that I created. I just imported almost everything from my Wordpress to here, and maybe an article or two from Hubpages.

It's gonna be busy once more on my Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment